Activities take place throughout the year, and include farm visits, forest school, outdoor science classes.
We are 30 miles from London, close to Stevenage, St. Alban’s, Luton, Hitchin, Harpenden, Welwyn and Hatfield. We can offer a range of activities throughout the seasons, which can be tailored to the visitors’ needs.
To arrange a visit, please call 01438 871 948 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: East Hall Farm, St. Paul’s Walden, Hitchin, Herts SG4 8BP
East Hall Farm
This historical estate comprises a mixed farm of cereal crops and beef cattle, a walled garden containing an old fruit orchard and commercial vegetable production, and woodlands. This environment offers an opportunity to teach about farming, food production, conservation, wildlife, tree planting, and woodland management.
• Crops and farm machinery
• Beef cattle
• Woodland – ancient and newly planted
• Kitchen garden with established fruit trees and vegetables
• Farm Walk: This crosses the farm and illustrates a range of habitats and farm activities.
• Seasonal displays: of daffodils and bluebells
• Wildlife: During farm walks it is possible to see deer (fallow and muntjac), hare, rabbits, squirrels and stoats as well as many birds including ravens, red kites, sparrow hawks, pheasants, partridge, ducks, geese, owls and other woodland birds.
• 18th century grade 1 listed formal garden and historic landscape
• Activity leader (CRB checked, CEVAS trained, OCN level3 Forest School leader)
• Coach parking